Sunday, October 9, 2011

Good Numbers, Gooooood Numbers

Location: Daytona Beach, FL, USA
.
As you know, I added some Facebook love to the site. I then campaigned to get 1000 LIKEs. A lofty goal, no doubt, especially since I don't have even 1/3 that many FB friends, but sometimes if you shoot for the stars, you hit the moon. I did pretty good, considering, but the opportunity to set a record is gone.

I'd still appreciate a LIKE, if you don't mind taking a second to do it. The more LIKEs we get, the harder we'll try to be likeable. (In a manly, macho sort of way, not a toady, mealy sort of way.)

I also spent some time checking out some of the new ways available to display a blog. They've come up with an absolutely GORGEOUS front page, which I used briefly Friday, until I discovered that some critical functionality was missing and had to switch back. It's a shame, it was really awesome. Hopefully in the future they'll fix that and I can use it.

But there's some unmitigated good news, too. Not just that Sarah Palin has taken her misbegotten  pre-campaign donations and withdrawn from the Presidential race, but rather that the site's numbers are up big time!


This started happening back in August, when we shattered our old record for views, which had been set back in July 2010, the first month Google offered statistics tracking. The 31 days of August 2011 saw a dramatic climb in visitors! For September, the number stayed about the same, which surprises me since I published only one story in that time. And so far this month, the number of visitors has been on the rise, which means I'll bet October is an even bigger record breaker!

The October numbers are definitely influenced by the Facebook connection, and I expect to get the numbers to rise even further, especially since I've got a ton of new articles written and coming.

I'm liking the Facebook addition so far. It's very easy to put out little blurbs. Kind of like Twitter, but not obnoxious, and more capable. I can throw a bunch of pictures up in a gallery very easily, or jot down some interesting blurb, or release a cool link. Facebook works well for that. Facebook isn't nearly so good for things like longer articles, or static information pages like the Civ4 page or the Expose Yourself articles list.

So I'm pretty happy to see this upswing in interest.

And it's all, of course, thanks to you, the loyal reader and supporter. Without you, all this I do would be pointless and to no benefit to anyone.

Keep tuning in, there's a lot more to come! Check us out tomorrow!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're Wondering what this Place is all About

Do us a Small Favor, Please:

Terms of Use - legally binding; sadly necessary